Edge Sync enables auto manufacturers to deploy secure, cost efficient update campaigns to connected vehicles, eliminating software recalls and associated warranty cost and enabling fast deployment of critical security patches and bug fixes while increasing customer satisfaction.
Built for Automotive
- Developed specifically for resource constrained environments
- Accurately reflects the in-vehicle device tree in the update package structure
- Supports pause, resume, robust error handling, and rollback in the event of interrupted connection or update failure
- Accommodates auto-specific use cases (scheduling and prioritization of updates, pre conditions, etc.) with customizable campaign parameters
Modular and Easy to Integrate
- Offers flexibility to deploy each Edge Sync module independently, or as an end-end solution
- Designed to interoperate and easily integrate into OEM proprietary or third-party technologies
- Supports multiple in-vehicle and cloud-to-car protocols (Wind River, standard, and OEM proprietary)
- Collects and reports up-to-date repository of hardware, software, firmware, and associated part numbers and versions deployed in connected vehicles
- Collects update statistics as well as vehicle telematics and diagnostics data, enabling new revenue streams and business models
- Ensures secure download and application of updates, from cloud to car to downstream ECUs, with proven reference implementation
- Follows the Wind River Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL)—critical for embedded vehicle software
Wind River Edge Sync
Get an overview of the features and capabilities of Edge Sync.
How Connected Vehicle Technology Will Make Driving Safer Around the World
Learn how widespread connectivity could help avoid many traffic accidents.
CONNECTED VEHICLES JOURNAL
Implementing OTA Software Updates for Automotive Applications
Get a look at the opportunities and challenges of OTA software updates for automotive.
More from Wind River Automotive
Wind River Chassis
Chassis is a software framework for the connected and autonomous car.
VxWorks® is the market-leading real-time operating system (RTOS), delivering all the scalability, safety, security, and virtualization capabilities needed for deployed safety systems.
Wind River Linux
Wind River Linux is the leader in building outstanding open source embedded products, ensuring that customers work with the latest code from the most important open source efforts and most recent technologies.
Wind River Drive
Drive is an Adaptive AUTOSAR-oriented software services stack to support abstraction of key software applications and algorithms from hardware architectural dependencies.
Wind River Diab Compiler
Diab Compiler is a critical tool certified by TÜV SÜD to be suitable for developing safety-related software and supporting automotive customers with the creation of safety artifacts that meet their end product’s safety certification requirements.
Wind River Simics
With Wind River Simics® you can simulate anything, chip to system, and get the access, automation, and collaboration tools required for Agile development practices.
Learn more about how Edge Sync helps auto manufacturers efficiently, securely, and cost-effectively deploy SOTA/FOTA updates while unlocking new revenue streams and business models.